Friday, 22 January 2010

Umbrellas and Life Drawings

After having to rush back home to fetch a second umbrella because the first one refused to stay taut, I arrived at the life session and put the new umbrella in my bag.
I've no idea what happened to it while it was in there but when I came to use it on the way home it refused to stay up and repeatedly collapsed onto my head like a venus flytrap. I had to hold it open with 2 hands which is no mean feat carrying 2 bags as well. In fact it was in such a state there was a great big hole near the centre letting the rain in anyway!
It's now in the bin.





10 minute pose





10 minute pose




6 comments:

A Dancing Mango said...

Hi Jessie!
What great drawings you are doing.. Wow.. It is wonderful how versatile you are!
Hugs, Darlene..

Buskitten said...

Hi Jessie! I am having a catch-up at last, and really loving your life drawing. I am going to be a life model in a couple of weeks, haha! What am I like?! I'm going to buy a Jackie print - the Caravan one, with all the animals, so the fee can go toward that!
Hope you're all well, and thawed out at last! xxx

skippinginthemeadow said...

Charming drawings.

I laughed about the umberella, sorry :o)

Nicola said...

heheheh sorry I laughed about the umbrella too, your account was very descriptive, tee hee.

Lovely drawings Jessie, you certainly have a way with pencil!

Jessie said...

It was quite funny really. I need to get an unbrella that last longer than just a few weeks. They don't seem to exist any more! :o)

Julie-ann Bowden said...

Oh, lol. I have an umbrella like this also. Sometimes I forget and get it out. Mmm! Adventure or what,lol!
Hope you are having a great weekend?

Hugs!

Julie