Here's an interesting short film about the artist Naomi Frears in Cornwall talking about her passion for painting. I found it inspiring and so I thought I'd share it here :)
Oh Jess, this is so inspirational. I am so glad you found her and this video. I love how she speaks about her future and the direction of her work...what she feels and thinks, but remaining open to the possibilities. I also am inspired to pull out those sketchbooks and see what hits me, you know? I am not good with going back to see from where I have come, but that is important to jog the memory for some new stuff, don't you think?
So are you going to pull out the canvas again? :) I can't seem to give them up. I suppose I am not ready, yet.
Thanks again, Jess for making sure I see this...your intuition was spot on about me and this video.
This week's word for Illustration Friday is 'snow'. Now available to buy in my Etsy shop . :) Wishing everyone a very happy christmas filled with lots of LOVE ♥ xxx
I like to make pictures that aren't a conventional landscape, so that the ground and the sky are interchangeable, dreamlike, floating. These paintings are done using my Tombow dual brush pens, the watercolour effect is made by adding water to the pen marks with an ordinary brush. This next one below is painted in watercolours and the black is done in waterproof drawing pens. Next is a picture made with my coloured pencils that I've had for ever. They might be ancient but they still do the job! Oh. And my black pentel brush pen and a gold gel pen. I love a bit of gold. And finally here's a cute little cucumber that Middle Daughter grew in her garden. It looks like a lemon doesn't it? It's about the same size as a satsuma and I think they're called lemon cucumbers but let me assure you they taste like a very tasty cucumber. Have a great week!xx
Hello, I'm here today to tell you about my giveaway! I reached 100 likes on my Facebook page a few days ago, 142 today! ♥ THANKYOU! ♥ There will be two prizes, one will be my original watercolour painting, painted on thick watercolour paper, with lovely soft hues of pink and mauve called 'Peace' :) I'm also offering you a print on lovely Bristol paper from my mixed media painting 'Open Up To The Best'. Here they are.. Peace, watercolour painting, 8 x 11 inches Open Up To The Best , art print 8 x 10 inches. (The copyright watermark will not appear on your print.) To Enter: Go to my Facebook page where the link for my giveaway is and 'share' and 'like' the link. There! That's all you need to do. :) If you're not a Facebook person , that's still ok, just copy and paste one of these pictures above to your blog with a link to this post but don't forget to come back here to tell me that you've...
Comments
So are you going to pull out the canvas again? :) I can't seem to give them up. I suppose I am not ready, yet.
Thanks again, Jess for making sure I see this...your intuition was spot on about me and this video.