Trerice and Watercolour Pages.


It's the May Bank Holiday, time for a day out so on the way to visit our Middle Daughter we visited a National Trust house in Cornwall called Trerice. It was bright and sunny and the garden looked beautiful. The scent of lavenders filled the air and made me want to have even more at home in the garden than I have already. If I could take a picture of the aroma to show you here I would have. It did cross my mind!😉

 
We had a quick look around the house, I loved the bathroom wallpaper!

Isn't it lovely?! 


I enjoyed the room with all the embroideries too. I liked the stitched pictures decorating a mirror frame, such a lovely idea. I'd like to think that I'll make something similar one day. Don't hold you breath on that one though!😉

I would have taken a photo of the cream tea we had but it was a bit of a rush at the end because it was time to go and meet her from work.💙

So here are my most recent sketchbook pages. I love using watercolour and it was nice to have a play with it again. I tend to paint as I go, intuitively and the page ended up with this girl (above) who seems to have a lot on her mind!

In this one I used a black ink pen for her dress, I like how it ended up with the contrast of the monochrome against the colour.

 This was the very last page of my moleskine sketchbook. It's always a nice feeling to get to the end of a sketchbook, like an ending ready for a new beginning.

Have a wonderful week and I'll see you next time. xx








Comments

i am back and oh my the colours on your post made me smile! i see i have a lot of catching up to do! xx

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out