A Trip to Hastings

I've never been before but after seeing it on Youtube I was inspired to have a few days away in Hastings. We stayed in a beautiful airbnb flat with stunning views.
Shall I show you inside the beautiful flat where we stayed?

This felt like home from home to me, I love coloured glass and colourful paintings and victorian style fireplaces so I was absolutely in my element.

I'm in love with this turquoise glass decanter that was in the bathroom!   Oh that colour!

Anyone who knows me and sees this would think this is my actual room because I have a sofa like that and several crocheted blankets very similar too. This corner became my nest each evening!


I was very happy to discover that our flat was within a couple of minutes walk from the Old Town. We spent our days wandering around the old streets.


 


This house was shaped like a piece of cheese. It must be very small inside the house at the wedge end!



Hastings is surrounded with hills and we walked up and down them quite a few times but on one of the days we treated ourselves and travelled up and down on the funicular railway.
The views from the top were fantastic, you can see some of the Old Town from there. 

This golden bull is one of the decorations on the pier. I think it has to be the biggest seaside pier I've ever been on.

I loved looking at the beautiful architecture, especially the unusual ones like this old tower block on the sea front. I think there were nine stories that I counted!
It was a lovely peaceful holiday, just what was needed.

~~~

So before I go, I'd like to show you my latest pen and watercolour paintings from my sketchbook.



Now that we're back home it's a busy week with family. 
I hope you have a good one.xx




Comments

Mary said…
Have never visiting Hastings but it certainly looks very interesting. Glad you enjoyed and thanks for sharing the great photos you took.
Have a great week ahead with family.
Mary -
rossichka said…
What a charming town! Wish I could see it next time I visit England.:)
spinningstreak said…
Just discovered your blog (via Hastings, which I also discovered in February this year!) I'm impressed by both - thank you. You might have inspired me to spin more purple and green....!

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

Two Birds Colourful Painting