Favourite Mediums in my Moleskine.

Over the years I've tried out all kinds of mediums and I don't think I've ever settled on just one or two absolute favourites but I have a feeling people who have seen my sketchbook pages over the past year might think differently? Anyway, the top picture you see here is an acrylic background with a stamped pattern and the drawing done in Posca pens.
Here below are a few of my most recent paintings that I do on a daily basis in my little A5 Moleskine sketchbook.
Let's see what my current fave mediums are.

This one has a background of FW inks with Posca pens on top. The white flowers and the bird were done with a Liquitex paint marker. 

You can't see the lovely shininess from the photo, but these are my Spectrum Noir brushpens. They are lovely and glittery. I also used some cobalt blue watercolour because I don't have many of the Sparkle pens and I felt the picture needed an extra colour.

Here's another Sparkle pen painting, the only other addition is the bottom left where I glued a torn piece of birthday wrapping paper, and painted on top of it.

More Sparkle pen painting! with some purple watercolour.

This one is mainly watercolour with a small amount of coloured pencil.

Still using the coloured pencils, this was done on a background of purple acrylic with patterned tissue paper glued on. The dried paper had a nice 'tooth' to it, perfect for coloured pencils.

For this one I used my Faber Castell Pitt pens, I've had them for ages and almost forgot I had them! It was nice to have a complete change from the watery paint and to make some strong opaque marks on the paper.
And finally,
After using my almost forgotten Pitt pens I thought I'd get out something else that I hadn't used for ages, my Inktense pencils.
So I'm still not sure if I have a favourite medium, I like to use all kinds of pens and paint but one thing is for sure. They have to be beautiful colours, oh yes.

See you next time! xx

Comments

Like you, I don't have a favourite medium but like to use all kinds. And beautiful colours too, of course.

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out