My Intuitive Artwork and a New Video


 Most mornings when I have time I like to fill a page of my sketchbook with colour.


It's become more of an art journal than a sketchbook because I'm making intuitive images, shapes and colours that come from somewhere that I'm not entirely conscious of when I'm in the process.


For instance, if I feel like I need to see lime green and pink then I make a drawing using it.


I sometime have an idea of making a random background and then layering on top to define areas, like with these leaves above. I then add some more detail to it with pens.


Souffle pens are great for drawing over a dark area. The pigment turns out a lot lighter when it dries.


And then some days I sit back and look at what I've drawn and I wonder, "Why fish?" Maybe it's the influence of the sea!

I've made a short little video of some of my time in early May. I hope you enjoy.xx


Comments

Gina said…
When I see how you work like this I always think I should work in my sketchbook more.
Kyra Wilson said…
Love all the bright colors!

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out