Beautiful Trees


My latest new paintings have definitely been inspired by the lovely spring trees that are around at the moment.

I've been having fun playing with inks on paper making beautiful textures.

I love the colours but I wasn't happy with the composition. It somehow didn't seem right....

....so I turned the painting upside down!
 and drew a lady wearing a beautiful dress of branches.

I call her 'Blossom in the Wind'. 
She's searching for a new home so if you think you might be able to help her, please click here.😊


I love how the little twinkles of light picks up the leaves of the trees and flowers.

This new painting that I've recently finished twinkles in the light too! I've used gold paint on the bird and the fern leaves. It's a mixed media painting on cradled wood panel. The leaves are dimensional, giving the surface extra interest.
I've called it 'Pink Flower in my Hair'. You can see more of this piece in my Etsy shop if you click here.😊



This is one that I'm currently working on using beautiful green inks and it's soon to be listed in my shop. Please message me if you'd like a chance to buy it before it goes live.

Thankyou so much for visiting today, I hope you have a fantastic week ahead.xx

Comments

Judy Hartman said…
Hi Jess, I'm so happy to find your blog, through your Facebook post today. Your work is beautiful!! Very inspiring!!
Els said…
Such vibrant colours you played with, Jess !!
They are fantastic !

Ahhhhhhhhhhh : bluebells !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gina said…
I like your paintings of the trees... I liked the first one before you painted the lady, even though she is lovely too!
Victoria said…
Hi Kindred..such amazing works..your art is so soulful and magical...truly inspiring!
I can feel the energy!!
Wonderful nature photos as well...pure awesomeness!
Hope you are doing well my sweet friend!
Happy Spring
Victoria
stefanie stark said…
Oh this is wonderful how you have translated the beautiful photographs into this beautiful artwork! I love it!
Paper rainbow said…
Hello Jess.... sorry to be of the blog scene for so long, I have been following you via facebook though. Its a bit of a poor cousin to blogging but when you are time poor it is more immediate. I am loving all your work atm, so beautiful!!

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out