New Paintings and a Special Oak Tree

It's not too long since we had the big celebration of my brother's wedding and today, it's the turn of Youngest Daughter turning 19!
As you can see from the photos above, we planted an acorn when she was born and as it's continued to grow throughout the years, as has she! It's always been known as 'Carenza's Oak'. It's far bigger than she is these days and hopefully will continue to get much bigger!
I mentioned in my last post that I've started to make paintings outside my art journal. All three of these are now available in my Etsy shop.
So here's the first one I finished.
 It's called 'The Wishing Tree' and is a mix of acrylic paint, pens, inks and some lovely iridescent paint. If you wish, click here to see more details.


The next one is a small painting called 'Cottage in the Forest'. While I was painting this I'm sure I must have been thinking about Eldest Son's recent move to the Forest of Dean.
Again, I've used a mix of acrylic paint, pens, inks and iridescent paint. I love how it glitters in the sunshine.Please click here if you'd like to see more info about it.

The next one is along the same theme, but this time a dancing lady appeared holding a fan!

I've called it 'Forest Dance'. I think she looks quite contented don't you? I think she's enjoying listening to the forest sounds. ;) You can see more details here.

Before I go, let me show the the cardigan I'm making for my granddaughter, it's almost finished. I have a vast collection of buttons and when I get to the last stage of knitting something I go through all the colours looking for something suitable. Often I have to buy more because I'm quite fussy when it comes to buttons. I might even have a bit of a button obsession! Anyway, this time I did find some that were a perfect colour and size and not only that, I had 5 of them the same, no more no less!
Hopefully next time I can show some more new paintings so I'd better get to it hadn't I?
Have a lovely week! xx



Comments

Gina said…
I love the wishing tree painting... So pretty! Happy birthday to your daughter.
Merlesworld said…
You do like colour.
I have a button box too, clothes that wear out, I always keep the buttons.
Merle............
rossichka said…
Hello, Jessie! Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter with many wishes for happiness, success and love! I suppose it's a very special feeling to grow-up together with a tree, your own tree.:)
Your new paintings are lovely, I like especially "The Wishing Tree". The girl and the tree have so much in common...
Linda said…
Beautiful paintings and your header is gorgeous!
Happy birthday to your daughter!! I love these beautiful creations!!
Paper rainbow said…
what a lovely idea to plant an acorn for your daughter, happy birthday to her!
Hope she had a great day. Your new artwork sparkles with energy. I just love the colours you use, as vibrant as your crochet blankets!

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out