Monday, 1 February 2016

Drawing Again


I'm working on an illustration project at the moment but it involves more serious drawing than my usual style so a bit of drawing practice was in order!
I've set myself a task of making a doodle each morning.


I've also joined the sketch-a-day group run by Ruthie on Facebook and this week the topic is insects.

I copied this from a photo of a stag beetle. I couldn't have done it from life, they scare the bejeepers out of me! It's done in pen and watercolour.

Meanwhile out in the garden, I woke to a coating of pretty frost.
Last winter it was so mild I didn't see any frost in the garden at all so it was a surprise to see the pretty white coating on my rosebud.



Icicles are so pretty aren't they?


Even the poor primroses had their share.

As I write this post today, the frost has gone and believe it or not the flowers have survived!
It's still quite cold but that won't stop me going to the beach.

I found a lovely smiley pebble. Isn't he cute!
I love watching he waves too so I decided to make a little video.....



I hope you enjoyed sharing a few moments with me by the seaside.
See you again soon.xx

3 comments:

Down by the sea said...

It's amazing what you can find down by the sea! Your pebble did make me smile. I like being down on the shore at Beacon Cove. We love Devon and although we are familiar with the South Devon coastline we have never been here! Yes I do live where Broadchurch was filmed glad you recognised it! Sarah x

Giggles said...

We've had a very mild winter here in British Columbia! Wonderful stag beetle! I'm with you on the insect thing... not live thank-you! I'd need to make mine a cartoon too!! Great quick doodles!!

Hugs Giggles

Paper rainbow said...

You are such a talented illustrator!