What is This Thing We Do?

What is this 'painting' thing that we do,

where we lay down colours that please our eyes?

And add images we like,
a cottage,
a tree,


then lose them in more shapes and colours,
stamping and stencilling,
splashing and dripping?

When there seems to be no end in sight as the cottage comes and goes, layer after layer?


Where we relish and enjoy the thick gold paint as it twinkles on the canvas, adding more, then taking more away?

Until finally...


A new painting is born.

Thankyou for visiting here today!
This new painting is called 'Sunlit Cottage' and is now available to buy in my Etsy shop. 

This painting has now sold -thankyou!
Prints are now available to buy here.
xx




Comments

Els said…
Ha Jess, love to see the process :
shapes evolving, appearing, disappearing, being toned down and being highlighted .... ;-)
LOVE the end !
Darla said…
I am a color freak and enchantment is my world. I LOVE this painting !!! I enjoy your sentiments about painting as well. Made me feel good to know I'm not the only one who ads paint only to cover over it, layers upon layers until I think I should throw it away and just about that time, POOF, something lovely emerges!
Darla said…
Ill have to check out your Etsy !!
CJ said…
How fascinating to see how it takes shape. I really love it, I think it's my favourite so far, so beautiful, and I especially like the cottage. Wonderful. CJ xx
I love the atmosphere in your paintings Jess :).
JESS....the title is PERFECT! Surrounded by the wonder of colors beyond the here and the now, this little cottage finds itself in the thick of it all, a rainbow forest, elevated by the sun of your yellows and dawn. This is really fabulous! Anita
Josie said…
What a beautiful painting, I want to live in that house! Xx
Gina said…
It's beautiful!
rossichka said…
You talk with so much love about your creative process, that I had the feeling I was there, following your steps in the realm of paints and brushes! Oh, I want to enter this cottage that "comes and goes" and see what's inside!:)
Such a beautiful painting, Jessie!!
Young at Heart said…
Such colour..... here comes summer!!!
Red Rose Alley said…
Jess,
What a delightful, colorful, and wonderful painting.

I hope you're enjoying this sweet month of May. It's my favorite month.

love, ~Sheri
PiaRom said…
Wow, Jess, your art amazes me! I so love the magic in it! Its like wonderland from my childhood! So now I am glad, I found you again, haha! ♥ Conny
Piaroms Art Journaling
Love the trees and how they are hugging the house :-)
greetings Elisabeth

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out