Mixed Media Girls and some Colourful Stripes


First of all let me say happy Valentine's day to all of you out there in Blogland. ♥ ♥
Thankyou for coming here today and to see what I've been up to of late. :)

You might have noticed I've recently been enjoying working on some little mixed media pieces and I've now finished 3 more!

This one's called 'Peachy' and measures 6 x 6inches. It's painted on box canvas, with white painted sides and wire on the back ready to hang.




'Demeter' and 'Maris' are painted on thick watercolour paper and measure 10 x 7 inches each.
.



They are all now listed in my Etsy shop ready for someone special (is that you?) to give them new homes. :)

♥ ♥ ♥

Before I go, I'll show you my current crochet makings. It's a stripy blanket for ME! I'm enjoying these stripes so much, choosing which colour to use next that I'm not sure if I'm ever going to be able to stop!


For those knitty crochet types that are interested in making something like this themselves, here is the pattern I used, please  CLICK HERE.


See you next time, have a great week! xx


Comments

Charlotte said…
I love your bold use of colour. It has brightened up a very dull day here in the Midlands. Oddly am working in graphite almost exclusively.
My goodness, you are one talented woman! I love your paintings. Thanks also for the link to the crocheted blanket. Beautiful! Have a happy Valentine's Day.
Red Rose Alley said…
Jess, I always delight in your paintings. And that crocheted blanket - I can see why you made it for yourself! I love coming over here because there's so much color, creativity, and wonder.

Happy Valentine's Day, Jess.

love, ~Sheri
Lisa Graham said…
Happy Valentines Day Jess...such colorful beauty here. Seems like you are on a good roll with painting.

I used to crochet, but painting took over any spare time I can find.

Happy weekend!
rossichka said…
The blanket is fantastic!! I feel such a desire to try to knit something of the kind one day!:)
The first painting is very tender and romantic.It's such a pleasure to see what you've created, Jessie - I'm sure your wonderful paintings will have special places in their new homes.
Happy Valentine's Day to you, too, be always loved and happy!
Micki Wilde said…
Love them all especially 'Peachy' and that blanket is gorgeous too!!
martinealison said…
Bonjour chère amie,

Je te souhaite une heureuse Saint Valentin...
Tes oeuvres sont merveilleuses et tellement vivantes avec des couleurs sublimes.
Gros bisous ♡
Els said…
Always such a joy to see your colours !!!
Love the "Peachy" one with the cat ;-)

Demeter's dress is so gorgeous !

Happy Valentine to you Jess
Tammie Lee said…
these pieces feel as though they are out of a dream to me. lovely colors and magical details.
Martina said…
Dear Jess, how lovely to see your mixed media girls! - i like especially the one with the cat! The blanket is amazing too - i wish i was betetr in needleworks ;) Have a super rest of the week, good to be in touch again!
Paper rainbow said…
Love your beautiful mixed media girls. That blanket is an inspiration. I have followed the link and now am already 10 stripes in! Thank you so much for sharing Jess ! :)
Palomasea said…
Hi Jess!
My goodness, your creativity is beyond...such luscious colors too...
absolutely gorgeous...
I am catching up with your posts and want to wish you a belated Happy Birthday! So fun to see you and your family...and congratulations on the sweet new baby as well as your son's graduation! :)
I hope to be popping in more often...holiday craziness requires lots of recoup time. ;)
Thank you for the beauty you share...
Love and blessings,
- Irina
manomij said…
Hi Jess!
I love the colour splash in this post it really has a positive effect on the old mood :)
You have some great paintings here and that blanket would look so cool in my house.
ManonX
Lori Saul said…
Your color work is just captivating- gorgeous visions!
Dear Fireflies said…
Jess my sweet friend, your new line of work is stunning!! You know that I have always admired the way you can play around with colors and now I admire you even more! Keep making these gorgeous pieces! :)

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out