Late September Sunshine

 

It was such a warm and sunny Sunday today, we decided to go out for the afternoon and found ourselves in Lacock. It was so lovely to see so many colourful flowers still in bloom at this late part of September! I remember it was here that I saw the very first snowdrops of the year too. Definitely a good place for growing flowers don't you think?



I'd love to live in a house like this with the beautiful leaded windows and stone window sills. 
It will only ever be a dream but that's ok, I like to dream. :)


 We walked around the gardens near the Abbey enjoying the sunshine, noticing how most of the crops are reaching the end of their growth. It was a lovely warm day but it still felt like autumn, maybe it's the smell, or perhaps the unique light of September that reminds us that Summer had gone?


I wouldn't say no to having this in my garden either. :)



This beautiful creature was there too enjoying the garden and no doubt relishing the visitors' attention each time someone walked by! I'm guessing this tree stump was particularly warm and comfy?

˙·Ù •● Ƹ̵̡Óœ̵̨̄Æ· ●•Ù ·˙


Tomorrow I'll be continuing to work on these two canvases.


Please don't tell me you like them because they both look very different to this now! The colour scheme for each of the paintings is going to remain the same but as for the subject matter....now that's another matter! ;)

See you again soon with an update. xx





Comments

Paper rainbow said…
Wow a beautiful house, I love the garden photographs too. Your two canvas paintings do look good now, but I am sure they will look even better when you are done. the seascape particularly attracts me with those lovely bright blues.
millefeuilles said…
Perhaps we could both move into the house and share the garden? Is that a plan? :-)

Dear Jess,

I was so grateful to read your words this evening on my blog. It's reassuring to know that I am in such good company regarding my feelings about blogging these days. Your online friendship is precious to me and your work makes me ridiculously happy too! Can you believe that seeing your fabulous flowery header juxtaposed with your opening picture of the flowerbeds gives me so much aesthetic satisfaction. Tell me you did it on purpose!!!

Stephanie
Victoria said…
Wow..such gorgeous images kindred..spectacular...very enchanting! That cat is so magical and sweet! Your art is always so beautiful and inspiring...
wishing you a wonderful Autumn ahead..enjoy the last bits of September!
Victoria
CJ said…
Beautiful Lacock, I love it there, haven't been for ages though. I must try and visit soon. Your photos are lovely. I dream of living in a house like that too, wouldn't it be wonderful. CJ xx
Kyra Wilson said…
That cat had such lovely eyes!
Silke Powers said…
Oh, such beautiful photos - I love that big house! And I adore the colors you are using on your canvases. And the color on your toenails... ;) xoxo Silke
Debbie T said…
Love all of your pictures..thank you for sharing them!!!
Jo Potter said…
Hi Jess,
Late summer in Lacock is really lovely with the low sun on the gardens and old buildings. The rambling rose circle smells sweet in June, when we last visited.
Wow, you saw the magic cat!
He is such a character and we saw him a few years ago and wondered if he is still around when ever we visit. He's so friendly!
Love your photo of him, you can see his true nature in those beautiful green eyes!
I'm sorry to say that I really like the paintings, but I'm sure they have improved again since you have changed them! ;-)
xx

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out