At the end of my last post I gave you a little taster of what I was going to be working on next. It's a bit different to the sketch but the composition's still quite similar.
It had a bit of a disaster towards the end of the painting because I had the bright idea of adding more detail to the background. I wanted to save the areas where I'd painted the feathers and the girl's face so I coated them in masking fluid so that they wouldn't get splashed with paint.
When I tried to remove the masking, half the girl's face came off and so did one of the feathers! Luckily I was painting on very thick 300gsm watercolour paper so after my initial panic I discovered that it was tough enough to lose a thin top layer in a few places!
It's all fine and dandy now because I repainted them and here below you can see the final piece.
She's now sitting in my Etsy shop waiting and ready to go to a new home. :) Please click here to see. xx