Small paintings and Some Sketches



I've been making some sketches with watercolour. My paintings over the past few weeks have been acrylic but I missed my watercolours. It's been a while since I drew birds too, although there was a time not so long ago that everything I did seemed to have a bird in it!




I've been trying out colours that could one day be in a painting. I like the contrast of the cool blues and greens with the hot reds! And who says that a house can't have a purple roof? :)

I've also started these two little canvas board paintings. These are acrylic and I'm painting them both at the same time so that when I get stuck or I need some area to dry, I can work on the other one. I wonder which one I shall finish first?

Have a great weekend, let's hope that sun comes out again! xx

☼***☼









Comments

Merlesworld said…
Sweet little pictures but she needs a smile.
Merle............
Paper rainbow said…
Jess, you need to do more of these watercolours! This really is *your* medium. It suits your style so well, I think the clarity of the colour and free flower forms are just memorizing!
Patri Bears said…
Bellissimi colori e meravigliosi soggetti!!!
Buon weekend!
Patri
Victoria said…
Hi Jess...stunning and beautiful works!! I love the girl and her gorgeous braids..the linework is captivating..she is magical! Beautiful new works..so exciting to see...your color-expression is always a feats for my eyes and heart!
Have a lovely wkd!
Victoria
lynne h said…
jess, i LOVE these watercolors, especially the one with the purple roofed house! what perfection it all is! i've gotten my watercolors out again, too. i've missed them and i realize how relaxing it is for me to paint with them.

thank you for the inspiration. : )

xoxo
Palomasea said…
I love your art, dear Jess...
And this is one of the greatest gifts of creating...the roof, (or anything else, for that matter), can be any color we want it to be...how freeing! :)
Wishing a creative and blissfull weekend to you...
Hugs,
- Irina
Tammie Lee said…
hello,

i am fond of braids and yours is lovely.

wonderful color play too, colors are so dull and subtle in our natural world at the moment, even the snow is in the dirty stage. but that is ok, if one looks we can see tiny signs of spring.

sweet week to you ~
Your work is very magical and carefree. Beautiful work.

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out