Friday, 25 January 2013

After a Long Break

I went to a life drawing session this morning. I've not been for over 2 years so I was a little nervous, wondering how I'd get on with drawing from life after all this time.

 I got on fine as it turned out and the group were a bunch of friendly people including a couple of familiar faces that I remembered from the times I used to go before which made it much easier to feel as though I hadn't been away too long.

 Some of the poses were short 10 minute ones and some were longer 30 minute ones.

 I felt as though I was back in the swing of it and had a nice time. I shall be going again!


 But next time I must remember to take a rubber! (eraser)

10 comments:

Kyra said...

Very nice! I haven't been to a live drawing session in decades at this point!

Charlotte said...

Oh I do so miss life drawing. Most of the classes here are in the day time.

Your quick sketches are lovely. And you don't need a rubber it all adds to the movement.

Nadia said...

Great drawings! I never did "real live" nudes, must be a very an experience on it's own. ;-)

rossichka said...

I see you "in a new light", Jessie! I find your drawings very nice! I'm amazed at the short time you had to make them... Good for you!:)

Julie-Ann Bowden said...

There awesome, so pleased you went! :D

Yvonne Stewart said...

Beautiful drawings, very fluid. Glad you enjoyed yourself, I used to enjoy life drawing many moons ago xx

Manon said...

Very nice and it is something on my agenda.
Manonx

Julie-Ann Bowden said...

Jess, thank you so much for your beautiful messages! I can't get over how good these sketches are with only a few minutes each. Just shows how much control you have from eye to hands, so cool!

Julie-Ann Bowden said...

Oh yes the tutors at college are so cool!

rossichka said...

Dear Jessie, following your and Charlotte's example, I've just published a post about Gretel!