~ artist ~ illustrator ~ custom portraits ~

Monday, 3 December 2012

I'm Knitting Again


I don't know if you remember but some months ago I started knitting with some lovely green yarn to make a short sleeved cardigan from this pattern. It's been a while since I did any more to it but now it's finished at last!
I made it to go with my summer skirts that each have a touch of the same grassy green in them. The weather's a bit too cold for cotton skirts now but I think this might go very nicely with warmer clothes too.


After the joyless joining of pieces, (yes I love the knitting part but hate the sewing-together torture.) I really needed to make something that didn't involve fiddley ends so my next project is knitted all in one piece. It's a cowl scarf from this pattern and it's done on a round needle, something I've never used before, in fact I didn't even know they existed until I read that's what I needed to make it!
No pieces to join together at the end - oh bliss! :)

Can I also say thankyou to Yvonne from Coramantic who kindly posted my paintings on her blog today. Go and see her lovely art too!

14 comments:

Nadia said...

That looks nice Jess!! Wish I could knit.

Yvonne Stewart said...

It's gorgeous, lovely colour combination, I love green too! Look forward to seeing your cowl scarf x

Jess said...

It's never too late Nadia! :)

Rose said...

Very pretty! I used to knit a lot when I was in my 20s, but for some reason I never seem to have time these days. I should take it up again... it's a great way to relax.

HollywoodHasMe said...

That sweater is amazing !

I swear,if you did not mention you
knitted it yourself,I would have
assumed it was store bought.

Must have taken you a long time
to finish,but well worth it,looks great on you,and goes well with your
skirt.

Take care.

Introverted Art said...

Jess, I love the new colors of the yarn you got. The blues, greens, purples on it are amazing.

Country Rabbit said...

ive been catching up jess- love the knitting- lovely yarn, your studio and artwork sooo lovely xxxx

Micki Wilde said...

ooh you are clever!! you make me a bit jealous with all your various talents.

Kim Mailhot said...

Love the sweater. The cowl colors are gorgeous !
Also loving the whiskers ! I am so in love with my cozy ktties here these days, as the evenings are dark and cold and a kitty in your lap is the best !
Happy Knitting !

Kyra said...

Nice job! I simply don't have the patience for knitting. Took me years to do a single scarf. *cringe*

Victoria said...

Yay..so wonderful..what a gorgeous color..I love it! I have always wanted to knit..maybe one day! I will check out her blog..awesome!
Victoria

Cynthia Schelzig said...

I always find it amazing when I see a sweater or complicated things that was knit with their own two hands....this looks great! The blue colors are def. you. I love your cat women below too.

Victoria Stitch said...

I've just started knitting again recently too. thing is, the only thing I know how to knit is a scarf! I wish I knew now to make jumpers and cardigans. Yours is gorgeous!

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and the pattern and, well, everything! And, like most knitters, I'm with you on the construction part. That's why I always sew pieces together the moment I've finished knitting some parts. To get it over with and immediately get that excitement of seeing it all come together:)

I'm currently knitting a houndstooth coat. I reckon I'm about halfway there.