Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Show Your Soul

'Show Your Soul',
 watercolour and acrylic ink on paper.

One of the most calming and powerful actions you can do to intervene in a stormy world is to stand up and show your soul. (Clarissa Pinkola Estes)

It was a stormy morning when I painted this picture today. I tried to get a feeling of calm and centredness (is that a word?!) The colours are cool blues and greens and maybe more reminiscent of a summer's day than a November one but I felt drawn to using soothing greens on this blustery day.

This painting is approximately 6 x 8ins, and will be available to buy in my Etsy shop.


Please click here to see more details.

You can't have my vases though! ;)

11 comments:

Elisabeth Firsching said...

Love that one!!!
Greetings from Vienna, dear Jess
ELisabeth

Tammie Lee said...

so lovely Jess, i love your message with this too.

Gina Lee Kim said...

So beautiful!

rachel awes said...

DEAR!! xoxox

NatashaMay said...

She is so sweet. Love the colors!

Jess said...

Thankyou. She looks kind and gentle and I like that. :)
xx

Carol said...

Hi Jess, she is beautiful, lovely expression.
No, your first comment didn't arrive, naughty blogger! I just went to do a post and Google are telling me that I need to upgrade and pay monthly to store blog photos as I have exceeded my quota of 1GB storage but when I look at my free allowance it says I have used 1%.
Cheeky question - do you pay monthly to post your blog photos? My blog is only a year old and I don't think I have excessive photos. Just hoping it is another blogger blip and it rights itself.
Hope you are having a lovely weekend (and a less frustrating one than me!).
Carol xx

Lazy Daisy Jones said...

Oh she is sooo adorable....so glad I found you too via tabiboo, what a talented artist you are!!
Bestest to you and yours on this rainy weekend,
Daisy J....

Kyra said...

She's so lovely! :)

Carol said...

Hi jess, thank you for advice. Another blog I follow has mentioned getting same message today, so you are right, appears to be a blogger blip.
Carol xx

Little Nore said...

I can't tell you how much i love this.
When i look at her she has a calm, serenity to her.
I find this beautiful,
Love too the pattern on her dress