Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Making Pictures from Cards


When I was on holiday I bought these very jolly greetings cards. I thought they would make perfect pictures for the wall and before I knew it, I noticed some picture frames in a basket being sold for just a couple of pounds in a shop clearance.
 Perfect timing, how could I resist?


They needed a couple of coats of paint before I was happy with them so I used my acrylics to get the right shade of blue and


now they look just right!

(card illustrations by Susie Grindey.)

7 comments:

Robin Larkspur said...

I do this too, when I spy especially fine greeting cards that are quite artful. I love your choices of blues!

rossichka said...

These frames in tender blue complement the lovely cards!:)

Micki Wilde said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this, I love framing up pretty cards too!! :)

Tammie Lee said...

they turned out wonderful!

Giggles said...

I've always done this!! Adorable choice!!

Hugs Giggles

Introverted Art said...

it looks very right. looks adorable.

Michele said...

Oh yay! I have so many lovely cards but never get around to buying the frames. Yours look gorgeous!!