Making Pictures from Cards


When I was on holiday I bought these very jolly greetings cards. I thought they would make perfect pictures for the wall and before I knew it, I noticed some picture frames in a basket being sold for just a couple of pounds in a shop clearance.
 Perfect timing, how could I resist?


They needed a couple of coats of paint before I was happy with them so I used my acrylics to get the right shade of blue and


now they look just right!

(card illustrations by Susie Grindey.)

Comments

Robin Larkspur said…
I do this too, when I spy especially fine greeting cards that are quite artful. I love your choices of blues!
rossichka said…
These frames in tender blue complement the lovely cards!:)
Micki Wilde said…
I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this, I love framing up pretty cards too!! :)
Tammie Lee said…
they turned out wonderful!
Giggles said…
I've always done this!! Adorable choice!!

Hugs Giggles
Introverted Art said…
it looks very right. looks adorable.

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

Two Birds Colourful Painting