My Weekend Activities


Here is my very first Youtube video. I've always wanted to make one and it's only a minute long if you'd like to have a watch. :)

In other news...



I've been busy making more patchwork. I found an old sheet that was just asking to have a new lease of life. It did a very good job as a bed sheet for many years but now it can have its moment of glory as part of a cushion cover.
Here's a close-up. Sorry about the picture quality, I took it with my phone camera but I think you get the jist. :)

I've also been gardening and found an old yukky coloured pot that was a nice big size but eww what a disgraceful colour it was. I got out my trusty can of lilac aerosol paint spray and now it is a delight to my eye!



I know I haven't yet finished the patchwork cushion cover I'm making at the moment and I really shouldn't even be thinking about buying new pieces of material when I've just boasted about recycling old ones but.
What can you do when you pass a shop with treats like this inside? 
That orange coloured fabric was made for me wasn't it?



I snatched a quick break too
but I've got one thing to say about this panini,
I'm afraid I can't eat food that looks like a shoe now can I.


Comments

icandy... said…
lookin' good, jessie! that fabric is adorable!!
hugs!
christina
love your little video, yoru work is wonderful.
I have been wanting to give it a try too for quite a while...(i just have no idea how to do it!!)
busybusybeejay said…
Love the video.It's amazing what you can show in one minute.Very impressed!
Carol said…
Loved the video - a minute full of smiles.
The orange material is very you. I've got back into sewing recently, yesterday bought a fantastic sheet in the cs, big pink roses, and it says "Designed for Vantona by Hardy Amies" on the label, how posh! Sadly it is only single size but it will have a new life, hopefully part will become a dress for a Malawi child http://sewscrumptious.blogspot.com/. However, first I have to make one of these flower cushions.
http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2011/07/blooming-flower-cushion-ta-dah.html
Hope you are having a nice weekend and finding something good to eat other than a sole pannini.
Carol xx
Heather said…
Oooh, I love your patch work! I've been (sooo slowly) trying to make my own little quilt. Lol, still in the square cutting phase, so its gonna be a while. I just love quilt though! And how satisfying to make your own!~
rachel awes said…
to see a collection of your artwork at once in your video is like being able to enjoy a whole candy counter for my heart!
LOVE all that comes out of you!
hugging your heart, as you so sweetly hold your birdies! xox
JessiVille said…
I loved watching your first video with all your gorgeous expressive art on it! Beautiful! Love, love, love...
Jessi xox
Jess said…
Thankyou for my happy smiles on this sunny monday morning! :))xx
Tracy Verdugo said…
Hi Jesse...so lovely to stumble across your blog (via Connie at Dirty Footprints :) ) Looks like we're on the same path as I recently made my first videos too. Love your art work and your video esp the black and white with the girl and the kitty. Looking forward to seeing more of you. Come on over and say hello at my blog too when you have a chance
Tracy xo
Dear Fireflies said…
Such a lovely, colorful post, Jessie! I really love your video, it's nice to see all your paintings together like that. :)
WrightStuff said…
What a cool little video that showcases your work to perfection. The music suits it too. In fact, it was so good I think I'm going to watch it again!
Oh I havent done any patchwork in ages! Your blog is so so lovely!

PvdH -designer and illustrator

www.ThePvdHJournal.com
Beautiful artwork.
Lovely video.

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

Two Birds Colourful Painting