Illustration Friday: Cocoon

Yes another post on the same day! I was determined to do Illustration Friday this week by hook (hooks on the brain, sorry!) or by crook. I had a photoshop class this morning and while it was fresh in my brain, I thought I'd do a quick sketch and then manipulate the image in Photoshop.
The star background I already had from playing around with watercolour ages ago. The pen sketch took a minute to do.
Put the two together and voila!
I'm making it sound as though it was a walk in the park but I had a lot of false starts before it got to this stage. I'm learning, slowly but surely.

Comments

Mr. Spoqui said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said…
Thankyou Mr. Spoqui! :o)
That is great!!!! We just got photoshop this week and I haven't a clue how to do a thing. A thing. Do you recommend any books? I want to change pencil drawings, as well as have fun with photos of flowers etc. You have wonderful art sense!!! Great post! Blessings friend.
Dear Fireflies said…
Awww, such gorgeous little bundles! Ooo, Wouldn't it be lovely to have colorful stars like those at night??

And I think it's wonderful that you're exploring other mediums, because only by doing that you could finally end up finding the true one you really love. :)) oxx
Nicola said…
Wow I love this!!! What a cute little image and altogether makes a great piece that is perfect for the theme!!! I've never done photoshop and I'm actually quite intimidated by it as I'm not a major fan of computers but I would like to try one day! Great piece Jessie! :0)
Jess said…
Hi Amy, thankyou :)
I'm afraid I'm hopeless trying to learn things like this from a book, that's why I eventually (after many failed attempts at trying it on my own) enrolled in a class where I have a human on hand to ask! I hope you can find someone in your area who can help. :)

Thanks Amalia, It is fun to try different things isn't it? I don't really like the effect of the flat colour with this way of working but it was quite rewarding to have actually used it!

Thanks Nicola, I prefer the old fashioned media myself too really. ;o)
Giggles said…
What a happy illustration....love it, it's fun with great color!! You know how I love my color!!

Hugs Giggles

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out