I felt like drawing a face in my sketchbook with whatever I found in my hand. In this case it was an HB pencil, a bit blunt but I didn't want to think, just to draw.
Oh Thankyou! I did have fun doing this because I did it without worrying or thinking too much :o)
Anonymous said…
This lady as such a cute nose. Love how you have highlighted under the nose. Looks fantastic. It is a funny old thing the nose and seems to baffle most of us. You have it mastered! Love the knitted jumper, so soft.
Thanks Julie, I find it's tricky to do in paint, I remember when I used to do portraits how clumsy I was with the highlighting. I hope you have a brilliant week too, thankyou! :o)
This week's word for Illustration Friday is 'snow'. Now available to buy in my Etsy shop . :) Wishing everyone a very happy christmas filled with lots of LOVE ♥ xxx
I like to make pictures that aren't a conventional landscape, so that the ground and the sky are interchangeable, dreamlike, floating. These paintings are done using my Tombow dual brush pens, the watercolour effect is made by adding water to the pen marks with an ordinary brush. This next one below is painted in watercolours and the black is done in waterproof drawing pens. Next is a picture made with my coloured pencils that I've had for ever. They might be ancient but they still do the job! Oh. And my black pentel brush pen and a gold gel pen. I love a bit of gold. And finally here's a cute little cucumber that Middle Daughter grew in her garden. It looks like a lemon doesn't it? It's about the same size as a satsuma and I think they're called lemon cucumbers but let me assure you they taste like a very tasty cucumber. Have a great week!xx
Hello, I'm here today to tell you about my giveaway! I reached 100 likes on my Facebook page a few days ago, 142 today! ♥ THANKYOU! ♥ There will be two prizes, one will be my original watercolour painting, painted on thick watercolour paper, with lovely soft hues of pink and mauve called 'Peace' :) I'm also offering you a print on lovely Bristol paper from my mixed media painting 'Open Up To The Best'. Here they are.. Peace, watercolour painting, 8 x 11 inches Open Up To The Best , art print 8 x 10 inches. (The copyright watermark will not appear on your print.) To Enter: Go to my Facebook page where the link for my giveaway is and 'share' and 'like' the link. There! That's all you need to do. :) If you're not a Facebook person , that's still ok, just copy and paste one of these pictures above to your blog with a link to this post but don't forget to come back here to tell me that you've...
Comments
I don't work in my moleskine nearly enough. I must! another thing to add to a list ;)
It is a funny old thing the nose and seems to baffle most of us. You have it mastered!
Love the knitted jumper, so soft.
Hope you have a brilliant week!
Hugs!
Julie