Oxford Faces

The blue monster faces above glare down at the Christchurch College diners.I love the style of writing on the tree tub, it looks like 'Arts and Crafts'. I didn't check if it was made in that era but I did read the motto, it said "The leaves of the trees are the healers of the nations"
We visited Christchurch college as you can see above, very packed with tourists but I managed to take these pictures giving the impression of it being empty!
Trinity college was smaller but empty of tourists.
With the most beautiful chapel (above).
The diners here were accompanied by these ferocious creatures.


A ten minute walk from the town centre, ice on gravel, a sunny but cold day....

Now I feel inspired to draw and paint!

Comments

Owen said…
Hi Jessie, many thanks for these visions of Oxford... a fabulous place... love those blue monsters... Hope you've come away with plenty of inspiration...
Very inspiring place!
Anonymous said…
Hi Jessie, just love the photo's. What beautiful buildings! Oooh, Cold!
Thank you for sharing them.

Hugs!

Julie
Mary Hall said…
Hi Jessie,
Thanks for your kind comment on my blog! I've been looking through all your lovely pics... great Oxford photos - I must visit there again - haven't been for years.
I notice you've also visited a couple of my favourite places - Lyme Regis and Westonbirt - are you a South-Westy person like me then? (I'm in Bath)
Mary
thedoodlegirl said…
Oh how divine! These pictures are just beautiful! How I'd love to see them in person.
Jess said…
Hi Owen, lovely but not as lovely as Paris! ;)

Hi Tomás, yes it's great to be inspired by visiting somewhere isn't it?
You're welcome Julie :)

Hi Mary, great to see you here :) Yes I am, just down the road in Bristol!

Hi Rebekah, I wish you could!

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out