Tuesday, 30 June 2009

My Colourful Blanket

(Click to see bigger)
I've decided I've finished crocheting this blanket. One reason is I ran out of wool and the other reason is that it kept my knees lovely and warm while I was making it. This was great at the time but I really don't need warm knees right now in this heat! You can also see my sketchbook with some sketches I made for ideas about the word 'worn' for this week's Illustration Friday. I'm currently at the painting stage, so hopefully will be ready to post later!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Love it! I'm working on one, too, but I like yours a lot better. I'm trying to use up my ugly yarn so I can buy some pretty. hehe

PG said...

Clever you! Lots of blues and purples in there...no orange! :0)

Jessie said...

Oh thanks Lisa :o) I started off by using my 'scraps' then bought a few cheap and cheerful colours, that's when I ran out. (I didn't really want to spend very much money on it!)
Thanks Gretel, haha! - you're right there's no orange! The shop didn't have any did they? I've got lots of red in there though ;]

Rosie said...

It's very pretty. I've been makin a patchwork quilt for two years and now it is nearly finished I'm not sure I like the colours!

Jessie said...

You'll love your quilt eventually! I hate the colours on this and had to use whatever I could find, but I'm sure it'll look different in a few months. I think familiarity breeds contempt!

krisztina maros said...

such a really pretty blanket! it could be great to draw on it in the garden... I don't know why I never draw in the garden. but you've inspired me for it, thanks :)

Jessie said...

Thanks Krisztina! It's lovely to sit on but much too hot today!