I'm sat here, wrapped in a blanket because our central heating decided to pack up in the night. I've painted a Fairy God Mother to make a spell to fix it.....
It's two degrees outside here and half nine in the morning. I hope you get your heating fixed! There's no heating at all in the room where the computer is here. My fingers are white, ha, ha.
Thanks Kim! Lots of tea has meant lots of visits to the loo and it's soo coold in there too! First I thought you were in Scotland Rosie, and thought how weird that you're 'warmer' there than here, then I remembered it's Spain! I think my brain has frozen :)
Hello Jess on your new blog! Thought I'd comment on this post with heating trouble commiserations :) Also - I think this painting is great! A jolly happy new year to you Rima
This week's word for Illustration Friday is 'snow'. Now available to buy in my Etsy shop . :) Wishing everyone a very happy christmas filled with lots of LOVE ♥ xxx
I like to make pictures that aren't a conventional landscape, so that the ground and the sky are interchangeable, dreamlike, floating. These paintings are done using my Tombow dual brush pens, the watercolour effect is made by adding water to the pen marks with an ordinary brush. This next one below is painted in watercolours and the black is done in waterproof drawing pens. Next is a picture made with my coloured pencils that I've had for ever. They might be ancient but they still do the job! Oh. And my black pentel brush pen and a gold gel pen. I love a bit of gold. And finally here's a cute little cucumber that Middle Daughter grew in her garden. It looks like a lemon doesn't it? It's about the same size as a satsuma and I think they're called lemon cucumbers but let me assure you they taste like a very tasty cucumber. Have a great week!xx
Hello, I'm here today to tell you about my giveaway! I reached 100 likes on my Facebook page a few days ago, 142 today! ♥ THANKYOU! ♥ There will be two prizes, one will be my original watercolour painting, painted on thick watercolour paper, with lovely soft hues of pink and mauve called 'Peace' :) I'm also offering you a print on lovely Bristol paper from my mixed media painting 'Open Up To The Best'. Here they are.. Peace, watercolour painting, 8 x 11 inches Open Up To The Best , art print 8 x 10 inches. (The copyright watermark will not appear on your print.) To Enter: Go to my Facebook page where the link for my giveaway is and 'share' and 'like' the link. There! That's all you need to do. :) If you're not a Facebook person , that's still ok, just copy and paste one of these pictures above to your blog with a link to this post but don't forget to come back here to tell me that you've...
Comments
Now I adore the fairy godmother! It seems to be the best alternative to an engineer for your issue!
Stay warm and drink lots of lovely English tea! I think it keeps you so warm!
First I thought you were in Scotland Rosie, and thought how weird that you're 'warmer' there than here, then I remembered it's Spain! I think my brain has frozen :)
April
I hope it gets fixed soon. It was -8 here the other night outside.
I love your fairy godmother, especially her slippers! :)
Blanket and water bottle?
Hi Karen, yes frequently topped up hot waterbottle! I based the slippers on my own.
Thought I'd comment on this post with heating trouble commiserations :)
Also - I think this painting is great!
A jolly happy new year to you
Rima
Hi Rima, happy new year to you!