Mother and Baby Watercolour and a Visit to Gardens at Buckfast Abbey.


 Having talked about all the mediums I love to use in my last post, I have to say that I often come back to watercolour even though I find it the most difficult because it has its own mind and if you have any experience of it yourself you'll know that it quite often does what it pleases! This painting is a combo of watercolour and coloured pencil and I used it as a Mothers Day card to give to my mum this year. I'm thinking about getting it printed to sell in my shop but I haven't made up my mind about that yet.


 At the weekend, we often go somewhere a bit different and last Sunday we visited Buckfast Abbey.
It's always so calm and peaceful there. I'm not Catholic or even a church goer but I love the spiritual atmosphere and the beautifully kept abbey and gardens.

  The Millenium Show garden has a beautiful wall made from cut logs. Isn't it lovely?

I'd love a wall like that in my garden. My own gardening efforts are a bit hit and miss. The past couple of years I've been trying to grow cornflowers because I absolutely love the colour but last year's crop got eaten. I carefully nurtured them indoors and planted each of them outside when they looked big and strong enough. They were all eaten by the wildlife apart from just one plant!
This year I have my hopes up again with a new batch that have started sprouting.
If anyone has any tips on how to keep them alive I'd be very grateful to hear them!

Have a great week and I'll see you again soon. xx




Comments

Anonymous said…
Your card is lovely and I think it would be a great seller in your shop! Such a beautiful Abby, and that wall, it’s common here to see small sections of walls done in this way. I really like it, I’m sorry I’m no help for the corn flowers, the deer, squirrels and chipmunks love to eat many of my plants so I just plant those that are not tasty to the animals,,
Els said…
What a sweet drawing Jess ! (Mum will be pleased !)

Wow that garden wall is great ! It will change with the years no doubt ...
Pretty card. I have similar experiences with gardening so no tips from me I'm afraid.
Asma Anwar said…
Love it!!!
Love how simple it is and yet appealing, I could feel a connection; a mother child bond and their relation. So peaceful and colourful.
Karen said…
I love cornflowers too being a blue lover :)
You could try planting in September. Often over wintering ones are stronger and gear head start on the slugs x

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

Two Birds Colourful Painting