Intuitive Drawings Can Reveal Emotions


So much has happened this year and we're only just into March. I've been looking back at my daily sketchbook paintings and in retrospect I can see how my emotions are reflected in the pictures.These are all drawn and painted intuitively so at the time of making I had no conscious thoughts about what I was going to draw.
I'll write underneath each picture my feelings today of how I see them. Starting at the beginning of the year, just after christmas and my birthday...

had a great time with family

still basking in the love

tired

reclusive

very sad and worried

heavily worried

numb

worried

trying to feel as though everything's ok

burden of worry

buying new house plants

delicate

tasks out of reach and difficult

feeling floaty, free

everything beginning to grow in the garden

calm and accepting

organising

Feeling physically weak

mindless bunny drawing to avoid the very difficult day.


Thanks for scrolling down this far! It's been a difficult year but things are looking better as I write this. It's been an interesting exercise for me to look through these drawings and to see how much the paintings reflect what's going on for me emotionally in my life. The colours are chosen intuitively too and I love to use beautiful colours, especially when I'm feeling down. I find them uplifting.

Have a lovely day and I'll see you in the next blogpost! xx






Comments

Mary said…
I've missed seeing your beautiful work Jess and think perhaps I was not getting your feed going back to your previous posts from last year (those cute fish etc.). Google has been playing with Blogger people these past months while they apparently make changes - especially to those with Google+ - I don't but many people I 'follow' do - which is being discontinued.

Love all these gorgeous colorful pages and hope by now life is good and all is well. That photo at the bottom has to be taken from Beacon Cove, Torquay, correct? My beach in teen days soooo long along!
Are you still in Brixham across the bay?

Hope you will post more often - your art is so uplifting.
Hugs - Mary (in North Carolina)
busybusybeejay said…
Oh dear.You seem to have had an up and down period over the last few months.Hopefully things are better now.Loved the paintings,even the sad ones.Do post again soon.Barbarax
Gina said…
Life can be a real challenge at times. I hope the year improves for you x
Gina said…
Life can be a real challenge at times... I hope the year improves for you x
Lisa Graham said…
I am happy for you that things are improving in your life Jess. Your drawings are so beautiful. Art can be so healing as we process our thoughts and emotions. xo
Country Rabbit said…
I hope you are ok lovely one?...
Thats such a great idea to document how you were feeling when painting/drawing...like a diary to look back on.
Sometimes when I feel bleak/anxious/worried/on a low eb...My way of coping is to get my mind stuck into art or go for a lovely walk around devon or Cornwall. My dads on going cancer treatments have been hard for all of us.Every time the phone rings my heart skips a beat...the guilt being so far away especially. My mind is often like a bird in a cage going round and round without an escape route.
Channeling that inner worry to art is a great way to de-stress.
I find other's art so inspiring~ like yourself you lift my spirits with such beauty and colour.
I have so many projects on the go at the moment. Ive been doing two commissions through FB for birthdays and toppers for cakes for the same client.
The other is a Frida for a friends birthday...but also ive started junk journals for my etsy shop. I also need to at some point when i get some free time get to the city and get some art printed up.
Lovely to see you back in blog land, I so much more prefer blogs and instagram...

x K A Z Z Y X

Kyra Wilson said…
I don't know what happened, but I hope you are ok. I am struggling with things as well, but I haven't been putting them into my art. Good for you, to do that!

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out