Camden Market, Stourhead and some new Sketchbook Paintings.

We had a lovely time in London last week. It's a very long drive there from Devon so we stopped at the lovely Stourhead to break up the journey.

Being a weekday it was quieter than usual and it was nice to see the beginnings of spring there.


It was great to be able to take this photo inside the grotto without anyone standing in the way!


So onwards to London Town...


The next day we met up with Youngest Daughter and took the tube to Camden. In all my years of visiting London, I've never been there before and what a treat I had for my eyes!


I loved all the outside decorations on the shops, even the dark ones!

 This tattoo shop pictured below has amazing decorations but what made me laugh was that Youngest Daughter thought it said "ERIC from the needle"!🤣🤣🤣
 
It does in fact look like that, I do so hope the tattoo artist is called Eric!


You have to be there to see how big this statue actually is! He looked amazing from every angle, there's such a lot of creative talent in Camden. 
There was so much to take in on my first ever visit that I didn't stop to buy anything other than a very delicious wrap with deep fried halloumi, yogurt and mint dressing, chilli flakes and pomegranate seeds, from the West Yard. There's so much food to choose from!

~ ~ ~ 

 Before I go, here are a few recent pages from my sketchbook...








Have a fantastic week and I'll see you next time.😊xx

💜 



Comments

Kyra Wilson said…
Love the sketches! Also, your visit looks like quite a feast for the eyes! So much to see!
Els said…
The first of the shrubs and the first of your drawings go sooo well togeter Jess !
Ahhhhh love those shops !

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

Two Birds Colourful Painting