Lots of Bird Paintings and some Spring Magic!


I took a break from acrylics yesterday and got out my watercolours and black ink to make these cards for sale. :) They all have birds in them except one!






They're all listed in my Etsy shop, so hurry over there if you'd like to snap one (or two?) up!

Thinking about it, I've been drawing and painting birds a lot this week.


 In the picture above I've drawn with a black ink pen, over watercolour washes. I love how the page is really wet with the paint and then becomes a lovely surface to draw on once it's dry.


This one above is acrylic painted in my sketchbook with a teeny amount of pen here and there.

You know I said at the beginning of this post that I had a break from acrylics to paint the cards?
Well here's what I was working on.


It's mixed media on canvas board and I used one of my favourite paint colors! That pink is actually really bright pink, it's difficult to show how beautiful the colour is in the photo, it glows! It says fluorescent on the paint tube, the brighter the better I say. I was almost at the end of this painting when i knew there was something missing, a flying bird! I'm going to list it soon on Etsy.

It's called Spring Magic. :)

I wish you spring magic  this weekend! xx

Comments

Merlesworld said…
Very pretty paintings, I love the colours.
Merle.........
Linda said…
Your cards are absolutely gorgeous!! Hard to pick a fave but I really love the birdie looking at his reflection in the water....so cute.
denthe said…
Love your cards. They look like spring :-) And that new painting looks wonderful. Like you, I love these bright fluorescent colours ....
Unknown said…
Jess, your cards are just lovely! So fun to see what you are up to! Have a great week. ~Karen Fields
Yvonne Stewart said…
Your cards are really pretty, very spring like and I love your new painting - that is an awesome shade of pink! x
Unknown said…
Your cards are beautiful- love the color!
Tammie Lee said…
all of these are charming, beautiful and a joy to see Jess!

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out