The Turn of The Year

My birthday, new year's eve, at Hope Cove

Hello there! Have you have a lovely christmas time and new year? I did, although it's all a bit of a blur because I've had a horrible virus over the holidays and I'm only just emerging from it now. My head's still spinning but I don't want to delay this post because talk of new year gets old very quickly doesn't it, once the usual routine begins again. :)

My days after christmas have been filled with lovely quiet walks and time with family.
Here are Youngest and Eldest sons at Broadsands in Devon. With their busy lives it's a rare treat to get these two together and to go for a walk with them on a beautiful wintery day!

Broadsands, South Devon

and it was indeed beautiful as you can see. :) 

The next day we walked along the river Dart in Totnes.

It was the last few minutes before the sun started to go down over the horizon.

So peaceful and calm.


My birthday is on new year's eve and I like to spend the day at my favourite place (the sea-side!) no matter what the weather. One year we drove to Cornwall for the day and it hammered down with heavy rain all day but after having travelled all that way, the torrential rain still didn't prevent a visit to the sea!

But this year the weather was gloriously sunny.

Hope Cove, South Devon

But the coast told a different story! This picture of Hope Cove was taken late afternoon, the sun had become quite low, the wind high and the waves were very dramatic!
I made a tiny video of it if you'd like to see. :)




I wish you all a very happy new 2014. 

May it bring to you all your wishes and loveliest dreams. xx






Comments

Merlesworld said…
I like you little video of the sea, I like wild wave sand windy days,
Merle............
Happy New Year and super fotos to start the year off right! Those giant beach rocks...wow!
millefeuilles said…
Beautiful pictures, dear Jessica. I can understand the pull the sea has in the middle of winter! Lashing rain may put a dampner on things but it doesn't stop the sea from being beautiful, does it?

Happpy, happy birthday and new year to you and to your loved ones. I am looking forward to seeing this year's creations and inspirations here and on Facebook.

Stephanie
Veronique said…
Beautiful pictures. Wishing you a happy, healthy and creative 2014!
Red Rose Alley said…
Happy Birthay Jess! My Jess loves the ocean too, and it's one of her favorite places to be. These pictures are just lovely. May the new year bring you peace and joy.

~Sheri
CJ said…
I hope you had a lovely birthday Jess, your photos are beautiful. I think we went to the seaside on that day that it hammered down as well! I remember walking back to the car with the littlest boy clinging to my back and rain pouring off of us. Other half was not amused. But like you, I love to visit the seaside after Christmas. All that light and air. I like the time that you have photographed as well, just before the winter sunset. Beautiful.
Paper rainbow said…
Happy Birthday and a happy New Year too Jess! I loved seeing your beautiful beach photos, I have lived by the sea for most of my life and find it hard to imagine being away from it. I hope you are surviving the storms. x
Great pics Jess. All the best for you and your family and hold on painting ;-)
XO
Elisabeth
Introverted Art said…
Happy new year Jess!!!
Victoria said…
Yay Happy Birthday kindred..wishing you Many new Blessings and sparkles all year round! Wow..what a magical place..love the vid..those waves crashing around are so epic and gorgeous!Pure meditation! Your family pics are beautiful...love all of the nature shots too..stunning!
Thanks for shining your world of magic..such harmony and bliss!
hugs
victoria
Victoria said…
Yay Happy Birthday kindred..wishing you Many new Blessings and sparkles all year round! Wow..what a magical place..love the vid..those waves crashing around are so epic and gorgeous!Pure meditation! Your family pics are beautiful...love all of the nature shots too..stunning!
Thanks for shining your world of magic..such harmony and bliss!
hugs
victoria
Kyra Wilson said…
Lovely! And Happy Birthday!
Unknown said…
Happy Birthday, Jess! Your photographs are so inspiring and peaceful. I could just imagine how calming this place must be. - karen
renilde said…
late but very happy birthday dear Jessie and a happy 2014!

great shots,beautiful, xx
Tammie Lee said…
oh, so sorry that you had a virus.
so lovely that you got to be at a favorite place to celebrate the beginning of your new year.

may your year overflow with days and nights that feel wonderful to you.

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out